Thursday, February 26, 2009

Career Coach, It Is

I've been feeling really stuck lately. It's not just the health limbo that I've been in. It's also that I feel like I'm ready to move on professionally, but I am having a difficult time deciding what it is that I want to do next. I had toyed with the idea of hiring a career coach. I even had one in mind--a woman who worked in my field previously, and now helps a lot of people in my field find new work. But then I thought--that's just stupid. I'm going to spend money to talk to someone about what I'm going to do? I can do that myself.

And then four months went by, and I felt like I was still in the same place, and getting nowhere fast.

Earier this week, a friend of mine asked what I was going to do, and I told her I was feeling stuck. She encouraged me to hire a career coach.

That little encouragement was all I needed. I called the woman yesterday, and had my first appointment this morning. I think she is EXACTLY what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment